Saturday, March 15, 2014

Week 38

Four more days and our little girl is here.  I am officially on maternity leave.  The plan this weekend is to do all the little things that we need to do so we are ready for the hospital and the week that follows.  I want to make sure everything is in order so Colby's routine is not too out of whack.

I had my last doctor's visit Friday and everything went smoothly.  Sonogram showed she is nearing 8 lbs 1 ounce.  She will be big for sure.  Dr. Bowmen confirmed he will be the doctor to deliver the baby.  We went over the procedures for the night before and what to do that morning.   I have special soap to wash with the night and morning before the surgery.   My long term acting insulin will be cut in half that morning as well.    I  also not eat anything after 12 pm.  Thankfully I am the first surgery of the morning so I don't have to fast too long.  Dr. Bowmen said most likely she will need an IV just like Colby did when she comes out to manage her blood sugars.  We are mentally prepared because we had this scenario happen before.

This pregnancy was not as bad as my first.  I only had heartburn and swollen feet.  No severe back pain or PUPPS.  I did however gain 15 lbs more this time around.  I can't wait to lost the weight once she is out of me.  I am hitting the gym hard core at 6-weeks.

Here is a shot of me just four days before she comes out:

No comments:

Post a Comment